Saturday, April 17, 2010

SMASH THE GLASS BUT KEEP THE RECESSIVE GENES TO YOURSELF

A genealogy program called (appropriately) Geni has e-mailed me about an update to my family tree; this tree contains my relatives’ relatives and an explanation of how we’re related. I’ll just make up a name, but the rest is verbatim: “David Cohen, your second cousin once removed’s husband, has joined your tree.” If they extend it far enough, I’m bound to find a relative’s relative who’s MY relative’s relative. (See my post about Jewish geography, February 21.)

Also see http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2564/whats-wrong-with-cousins-marrying I’m not worried about cousins; I just wonder what the chances are of having married my half-brother, who was never told he was adopted.


No comments:

Post a Comment