Sunday, February 07, 2010

JELLIES AND JAMS AND JARS, OH MY!!!

Subtitle: WITH A NAME LIKE SMUCKERS, IT HAS TO BE GOOD.

I have to go to the grocery store and exchange, for the second time, a possibly bad jar of apricot spreadable fruit. When I opened the jar, the seal popped but there was dried and crusted apricot chazzerei around the outside rim. Feh. Jay exchanged it the next time he went, and he brought me home a jar which was “new” but apparently from the same batch, because it was the same situation. He said, "Eat it already, it won't hurt you." But I'd rather be safe than s. (Wow, this post is filled with more clichés than you can shake a stick at.) This time I'm going to open the jar at the store and see if it's okay before I take it to the cashier. And if it's NOT okay, I'll show the manager. He'd better not say, "Eat it already, it won't hurt you." The chances of its being dangerously germy are about equal to the chances I have of becoming pregnant. The hysterectomy I had in 1975 was the best thing I’ve ever bought (before spreadable fruit).

No comments:

Post a Comment