Wednesday, April 21, 2010

REMIND ME TOMORROW TO TELL YOU HOW I FEEL ABOUT PROCRASTINATORS

There are 60 pages of a deposition to proofread; the lawyer needs it by noon tomorrow . . . and the court reporter just can’t get herself to sit down and transcribe it so she can scan it and e-mail it to me. Procrastinators should go hang their heads in shame – and, I suppose, so should people (me) who malign them. When my English teacher assigned a term paper, mit footnotes, due in a month, I had it on her desk before a week went by. Both of my kids were meisters of the art of procrastination. I think they liked seeing me turn red and watching me schrei at the ceiling, WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS???

And did all that tumel help? No. I very much like the men they’ve become in spite of procrastinating and in spite of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment