Saturday, February 13, 2010

SCHMACK, not to mention TAAM . . . and also olé

Jerry Seinfeld is high on kasha; at least two episodes mention it, but it's not what you would call a popular dish. Jay can't even stand the SMELL of it. Well, he doesn't have to eat it; besides, as I said in an earlier post, the smell of the pork ribs he cooks is sickening to ME, so we're even. Meanwhile, here's a way to make kasha from Chef Mollie: Instead of using the water it calls for, use half water and half salsa. You'll wind up with a Mexican-Balkan dish that's ongezeyen. ("I'M not trying it; give it to Mikey. Mikey hates everything.") http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34wJt3pRY0w

Of course, it's still kasha.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine using salsa in making kasha. However, I'll try it some day. I, of course, have eaten kasha all my life, bulger wheat too, but Elly had not. Now she loves them both. Will she still like kasha with salsa? To be continued.

    ReplyDelete